2017-18 Champions League Round of 16
The draw for the 2017-18 Champions League round of 16 was conducted in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday, and delivered some herculean matchups to look forward to in the new year.
Real Madrid was punished for its second-placed finish in Group H with two legs against much-fancied Paris Saint-Germain, while another standout tie will be contested between Chelsea and Barcelona.
The first fixture pulled out was the inaugural European meeting of Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur, which many will tip to be a tight affair.
Here are the full results of the round of 16 draw:
- Juventus vs. Tottenham Hotspur
- FC Basel vs. Manchester City
- FC Porto vs. Liverpool
- Sevilla vs. Manchester United
- Real Madrid vs. Paris Saint-Germain
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Roma
- Chelsea vs. Barcelona
- Bayern Munich vs. Besiktas
The first legs will be contested on Feb. 13-14 and 20-21, with the return legs slated for March 6-7 and 13-14.
2017-18 Europa League Round of 32
The round of 32 draw for the Europa League was picked out in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday, and included plenty of heavyweight names for what is usually dubbed the continent’s secondary club competition.
The meeting of Napoli and RB Leipzig is one more suited to Champions League football, while another one to watch is Lyon and Villarreal’s two-legged tussle.
There is also an intriguing tie for Graham Potter, who has guided Ostersund from the fourth tier of Swedish football and into a European knockout double-header with English giant Arsenal.
Here are the full results of the round of 32 draw:
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Atalanta
- Nice vs. Lokomotiv Moscow
- FC Copenhagen vs. Atletico Madrid
- Spartak Moscow vs. Athletic Bilbao
- AEK Athens vs. Dynamo Kyiv
- Celtic vs. Zenit St. Petersburg
- Napoli vs. RB Leipzig
- Red Star Belgrade vs. CSKA Moscow
- Lyon vs. Villarreal
- Real Sociedad vs. Red Bull Salzburg
- Partizan vs. Viktoria Plzen
- FCSB vs. Lazio
- Ludogorets vs. AC Milan
- Astana vs. Sporting CP
- Ostersund vs. Arsenal
- Marseille vs. Braga
The first legs will be contested on Feb. 15, with the return legs slated for Feb. 22.